OUR COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAM:
More than just glasses and contact lenses!
At 21 North Eyecare, we take pride in our comprehensive vision and eye health evaluations. Through state-of-the art computerized testing and careful examination by our doctors, we assess our patient’s visual system and determine what type of visual correction is best recommended for each individual patient. Visual correction may include glasses, contacts, laser vision correction, or corneal refractive therapy.
We also perform a comprehensive eye health evaluation including measurement of intraocular pressure, dilated fundus examination, diagnostic retinal imaging, and other specialized testing if needed. Common systemic conditions detected on a routine eye examination include:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Impending stroke and heart attack
- Neurologic Disease including Multiple Sclerosis and Brain Tumors
- Autoimmune disease including systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren’s syndrome
Our doctors are the primary gatekeepers for many of their patients and work very closely with area physicians and sub-specialists to ensure complete care for all patients.
Our highly skilled staff will make sure you have the best available ophthalmic lens design & material for your new glasses. Staff will help with the frame selection and review your insurance benefits. We carry premium quality fashion eyewear and the latest ophthalmic lens technology. Here are some of the frame lines we offer:
New York Eye
Our doctors are trained to fit the latest contact lens technologies:
- Soft contact lenses, including custom designs
- Rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses
- Hybrid contact lenses (SynergEyes)
- Corneal refractive therapy (CRT) lenses
- Scleral contact lenses
- Medically necessary contact lenses for conditions such as keratoconus
Our doctors are trained to identify conditions that require surgical treatment and participate in pre- and post-surgical care for:
- Cataract surgery
- Refractive surgery (LASIK or PRK)
- Glaucoma surgery
- Retina surgery